Employers and Businesses
Regional Assessment Center for Hiring
With an office in Lafayette and an office in Kokomo, there are two WorkOne REACH Centers in our region. WorkOne REACH assists employers with a variety of workforce services and provides enhanced screening and assessment services to strategic partners.
WorkOne REACH Center services are delivered by business employment specialists and regional business consultants. Both WorkOne REACH Centers can be contacted at [email protected] or personally below.
Your employment specialist is:
Cindy Salmons - Kokomo at 765.854.1401
Faith Willoughby - Lafayette at 765.446.2639
Your regional business consultant is:
Kathy Burns at 765.398.6184 - Servicing all of Region 4
To be successful in any business, a skilled and flexible workforce is required. To help you hire the right people with the right skills, we can create a “job profile” to define duties and take the guess work out of recruiting, by identifying the skills needed.
How do I get started and how does it work?
- Easy, one page application for employers
- Must have a hiring need
- Positions must pay at least $15.00/hour
- Profilers work with company experts to define profiles based on job duties and skills required
- It takes less than one week to complete each profile
- You retain all documentation
- Once a profile is created, WorkOne REACH staff can test through WorkKeys, recruit and screen potential employees that meet your needs
For more information regarding Region 4 Workforce Board’s use of WorkKeys, contact Faith Willoughby at 765-446-2639.
Are you thinking of hiring a new team member?
On-the-Job Training money is available for new hires. There is funding available for partial reimbursement of a new hire’s wages during your training period to offset your training costs. You have the opportunity to train employees your way, with your customized training.
How does it work?
- When you are ready to hire, contact the WorkOne REACH Center. There is some paperwork that will need to be processed.
- Qualified applicants will be matched to approved job openings.
- Eligible applicants include unemployed workers who have been displaced/laid off from their jobs through no fault of their own and they require some training to comply with your job opening skills needed. Or underemployed individuals that want to further their career.
- Positions must pay at least $13.50/hour
- We can pay up to 50% of the new hire wages for up to 6 months
For more information contact your closest WorkOne REACH center.
Indiana Career Connect is the State of Indiana’s NO CHARGE service to match qualified applicants to employers.
As an employer you will have access to:
- An extensive database of job seekers with the right skills and qualifications.
- The ability to post job openings at no charge.
- Customized searches that allow you to find the right candidates.
- Access to staff assistance to get your jobs posted and find candidates.
- Information on labor availability and labor market data.
HELPING EMPLOYERS TRAIN HOOSIERS FOR NEXT LEVEL JOBS
More than one million jobs must be filled in Indiana over the next 10 years. To help Hoosier employers fill these jobs, Indiana has created the Employer Training Grant, which reimburses employers who train, hire, and retain new or incumbent workers to fill in-demand positions within recognized job fields. The Employer Training Grant is available to help fill in-demand positions within six priority sectors. The grant will reimburse employers up to $5,000 per employee who is trained, hired, and retained for six months, up to $50,000 per employer.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a federal tax credit for employers, to encourage hiring job seekers who traditionally have difficulty finding employment, such as some Hoosier Veteran groups, individuals who have utilized welfare programs, ex-felons, disabled individuals and certain groups of Hoosier youth.More Info
Employer Services Publication
700 E Firmin
820 Park East Blvd.